copper Gag bit with Snaffle Single Joint
Copper gag bit mouth piece is
made of copper single joint Shanks are
made of stainless steel.
- he palate was both smaller and very often flatter than previously imagined
- The space left for a bit is therefore very limited
- The angle of the link was turned at 45. This ensures that when the
reins are pulled the rounded link rests fully in the tongue without
- The tongues sense of touch is utilized and clear instructions are given through the reins.
- Very popular bit for ponies that need some extra brakes
- Similar action to the continental but less so, and without the bulky cheek pieces.
- The Petros mouthpieces rotate preventing the horse taking hold of the bit and can be combined with any 3-piece bit. Often good for a horse that leans or tries to take hold of the bit. The Waterford bit is a good choice for a horses that leans, it also promotes mouthing and salivation.The Waterford bit has many smooth flexible bumps or bubbles, which spreads the pressure over many points making it a light mouthpiece.
- Stainless steel bits can have quite a bitter taste to them which some horses dont particularly like. Copper Mouthpieces are a warmer feel to the horses mouth, those horses that do not accept stainless steel very well sometime accept the copper mouthpieces a lot better, they are renown for helping the horse to salivate and mouth the bit.