French link Half cheek bit with copper mouth piece.
baucher bit with copper link made of stainless steel .french link bit with half cheek bit mouth piece.
half cheek bit with snaffle bit stainless steel.Stainless Steel with a copper French Link that is more comfortable and collapses less on the horse’s jaw than a regular single-jointed snaffle.
When you need to send just a little stronger, clearer signal, this bit will help send the message. Nicely balanced and curved to alleviate some tongue pressure, with most pressure applied to the bars to the mouth. Slow twisted copper mouth promotes salivation and increases sensitivity.
- half cheek applies a little poll pressure when the rein aid is applied
- single joint, nutcracker action on the bars and palate pressure in most cases
- Can be used in dressage competitions
- Bit strength: mild-moderate
- The stainless steel half cheek snaffle is also sometimes referred to as a half cheek snaffle of filet baucher bit. The cheek of a cheek bit is similar to the top section of a pelham, and exerts a little poll pressure which can help reluctant horses to break at the poll and flex more readily. One of the ‘stronger’ dressage legal bits, the hanging cheek snaffle has jointed mouthpiece that acts like a nutcracker on the bars, and will often contact with the horses palate. An ideal bit to use in a dressage test for horses used to being ridden in a jointed pelham or jointed continental bit. The copper mouthpice helps the horse to soften and encourages salivation more than stainless steel.